Do the gray skies of winter have you dreaming of blue skies and your summer vacation rental on Hilton Head? Us, too! We know it is just about time to start scouring the internet for your next vacation accommodations on Hilton Head Island, so we are offering up these top 5 things to consider while perusing:
- Location! This is a personal choice and there are lots of options, but we encourage you to think about your group (ages, abilities, desired activities) and then delve in. For instance, a home on North Forest Beach, within a 2-3 minute walk to ocean, might work best for a multi-generational family with very small children. A villa overlooking one of Palmetto Dunes golf courses might appeal most to a girls or guys golf trip, and a house with pool in Sea Pines would be ideal for a family who wants easy access to a variety of activities including biking, land and water sports, shopping and dining.
- Cleanliness! Pore over a property’s reviews, paying close attention to how often it is noted as very clean or super clean or the like. Is there anything worse than arriving at your vacation rental and having to clean or call for cleaning? We can’t think of much.
- Outfitting and Equipping! Just what should you expect to find behind closed (cabinet) doors? Hopefully, your chosen home or villa offers up most everything you will need for a comfortable and convenient vacation stay. This should include quality bed and bath linens, kitchenware in abundant supply and excellent condition, and electronics, bedding, and furnishings all as good or better than you have at home.
- Service! From reservation to arrival to stay and departure, your experience should be one of ease and convenience. Reach out to Guest Services—do you receive a timely reply? Are all of your questions answered? Are you confident that you will be assisted immediately should you have need during your stay? Again, those property reviews can be very helpful here.
- Experience! Quite unabashedly, we think there is no better place to experience so many, well, experiences, as Hilton Head Island. Within just about 12 linear miles you can (literally) golf, beach, tennis, swim, bike, hike, shop, and dine to your heart’s content. Did we mention history exploration, wine tasting, festival going, parasailing, fishing, water tubing and skiing, and zip lining? Whew! You may just need a vacation from your vacation……….